Thursday, August 28, 2014

History and Feelings

    Ending the summer program there are two important lessons that collect words  frequently used.
    American culture is very rich, and if you are learning English, we inevitably approach to all these history. Spellingcity is no exception, so one of the word lists in these final lessons brings words used when talking about American customs and idiosyncrasy.The class is accordingly entitled "Cows for America"

tribe---- tribu
shelter---- refugio
remote---- lejano
village---- pueblo
gather---- reunir
nearby---- cercano
edge---- borde
offer---- oferta
herd----manada
nation---- nación



 For its part, the words that represent feelings and emotions are also frequently used, here is the importance of being able to express how we feel in English.

angry---- enojado                                 -She is angry at me for breaking her toy.
puzzled---- perplejo                              -She had a puzzled, confused expression.
worried---- preocupado                        -I was worried earlier, but I am at peace now.
thankful---- agradecido                         -I am a thankful for all my blessings.
silly---- tonto                                         -The silly clown walked into the closed door.
brave---- valiente                                  -The brave soldier fights without fear.
eager---- ansioso                                  -I am eager to read my exciting new book.
lonely---- solitario                                 -I feel lonely when I have to play alone.
proud---- orgulloso                               -I was proud to finish first in the race.
nervous---- nervioso                             -I was nervous about messingup onstage.

No comments:

Post a Comment