Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Compound Words

    Good morning everybody! Compound words are very common in Spanish and also in English. Precisely the lesson today was about them. This was the list provided by Spellingcity.com


    In this list there were some words that I ignored. So I sought its Spanish translation.
        firefly (luciérnaga)                                  fingerprint (huella dactilar)
        handstand (parada de manos)                snowflake (copo de nieve)
                                     sunburn (quemadura de sol)

    An activity of this lesson that I find very useful is "Which word completes the sentence" because it helps develop thinking in English. We must analyze what is the correct word in context to complete blanks in sentences.
-We swam in the aftenoon before dinner.
-A fireflyis also called a lightning bug.
-I canot see without my glasses.
-I touched the glass and left a fingerprint.
-I went to the beach and got a red sunburn.
-The girl held a handstand until she got dizzy.
-Is there anyone who wants to go?
-I did my math homework after school.
-A snowflake is a beautiful frozen crystal.
-The lonely boy ate lunch by himself.
     Well guys, see you tomorrow. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment