Thursday, June 26, 2014

Let´s go to review!

    Hi bloggers!  
    Today I will make a brief count everything I've been incorporating to my English vocabulary since I started the summer program with Spellingcity.com. Sometimes I know many of the words of the lesson, but they serve me to learn new words and review the words that I already know. 
    I found very useful class about homophones, words that are phonetically similar but with differences in their writing and meaning, so it is sometimes difficult to know which one is to be used and we must  inferred from the context. I also liked the vivid verbs, a completely new subject for me. I learned that vivid verbs refer to highly descriptive words that convey meaning or action in a much stronger way. For example, sauntering describes the process of walking more vividly. I had no knowledge about this topic so I found it very interesting. Moreover, the lessons about long vowel silent "e" pattern, long vowel patterns for /a/, /e/, /o/ and long /u/ sound were very useful to improve my pronunciation and thus achieve a higher level of diction.
However, all the lessons were very interesting.
    These are all new words that I incorporated into my vocabulary since I've been with Spelling City:
shelf, fox, bug, sort, hole, whole, wiggled, sipped, snorted, cuddled, hissed, giggled, begged, matter, firefly, fingerprint, snowflake, sunburn, trail, degree, throat, fluffy, empty, clever, sticky, polite, rude, smooth, chewy, clue, bark, sink, unable, refill
   I'm sure that I will continue learning many new things in the coming weeks. That´s a fact!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment